"I powered my machine off and when I turned it back on I see a white screen asking me to do a touch screen calibration."
"I press the Continue button on the LCD pendant but it doesn't change color or beep."
"When I try to press a button, the touch is recognized somewhere else."
The cause of these occurrences is pressure on the LCD screen during operation or on startup. When the LCD Pendant becomes unresponsive or if the button presses don't seem as accurate, the LCD Pendant will need to be recalibrated.
To re-calibrate the LCD Pendant touchscreen:
1. Power the CNC machine off
2. Take a folded sheet of paper or card stock and slide it between the glass and the plastic housing lip.
3. Slide the paper under all four edges to remove any debris possibly caught under the lip.
4. Place and hold a finger or thumb on the glass screen and power the CNC Machine on
5. This will bring you to a white screen stating:
a. "Performing touch screen calibration. Touch screen to continue."
6. Using a stylus or eraser end of a pencil touch the screen to continue
7. You will then receive a message to "Press and Release on the filled circle."
8. Press the filled circle in the:
a. Top left corner
b. Top right corner
c. Bottom right corner
d. Bottom left corner
9. Once completed you will come to another screen giving directions on how to repeat the process.
10. Touching the screen again will bring you to the Main CNC window.
11. Select Continue
If LCD Pendant remains unresponsive after recalibration download the attached PDF for disassembling, cleaning, and reassembly of the LCD Pendant