"No files show up on the LCD Pendant."
There are several reasons for files to not display on the LCD Pendant. The flash drive is too large, it is not formatted to FAT32, it is protected, or the files on the flash drive are not .tap Toolpath files. Do not use the Vectric flash drive that comes loaded with the Vcarve software. This is a protected flash drive and will not display files added to it properly through the LCD Pendant.
The flash drive needs to be between 1GB - 32G in size and formatted as FAT32. We recommend the SanDisk 16GB Cruzer Blade flash drive for the most consistent out-of-the-box compatibility.
If it is a NEW blank USB thumb drive the issue could be that it is not formatted in a FAT32 format or needs to be formatted again.
To format a flash drive:
- Plug the USB drive into the computer.
- On the bottom left, right-click on the Windows icon then select "Open File Explorer".
- Find which drive letter is your USB it is NOT normally A, B, or C. It will probably be D, E, or F
- Copy your files from it to a directory temporarily on your PC.
WARNING - Formatting your main computer drive will erase all data present on your PC. Be careful!
- Right-click on the appropriate drive letter again then select Format.
- Make sure that the File System has "FAT32" selected.
- Click the start button. Formatting should only be a minute or two.
- Copy your files back onto the USB Drive.
- Try the USB in the Controller again.
The LCD Pendant will not display any files that are not properly converted .tap files. Please make sure to save your .tap Toolpath files using a Next Wave CNC post-processor such as:
Next Wave CNC_inch(.tap)
Next Wave Laser_inch(.tap)
Other helpful links for Saving toolpath files and getting started with the machine can be found using the links below.
If reformatting the flash drive does not successfully display your .tap files contact Technical Support at Support@NextWaveCNC.com.