The Next Wave CNC machines that utilize the guide rod and bearing system are very easy and straightforward to clean and maintain. These CNC models include the current SD1xx series, Piranha FX, Piranha XL, HD4 series, and Pre-HD4 models.
Using the SD110 pictured above as an example, Next Wave CNC machines utilizing cylinder guide rods will be lubricated and cleaned with a Teflon Silicone spray.
Daily or every 8-12 hours of use.:
· Vacuum or dust-off machine and components including the Controller and router.
· Wipe down the bars with a soft cloth.
· Clean the leadscrews with a soft brush or vacuum.
· Lubricate guide rods and leadscrews with Teflon Silicone spray. Wipe off excess with a soft rag.
Monthly or every 40 hours of use:
· Deep clean the guide rods and leadscrews with mineral spirits or another mild solvent to remove wood glue or resin from these surfaces.
· Once cleaned, Lubricate guide rods and leadscrews with Teflon Silicone spray. Wipe off excess with a soft rag.
If the machine begins to bind while moving during a project or while manually jogging the machine, repeat the Monthly cleaning steps.