There are two methods for adding post-processors to the Vcarve/Aspire software. Visit the post-processor page to find a complete list of compatible post-processors for the various Vcarve/Aspire software versions. Depending on the computer settings and web browser being used, downloading the post-processor .pp files may require right-clicking the link and selecting "Save Link as" or "Save target as".
Step 1: Downloading the Post-Processor:
1. Left-click the post-processor link to download the .pp file
a. On most computers, the downloaded .pp file will be saved in the "Downloads folder"
b. Downloading the post-processor .pp files may require right-clicking the link and selecting "Save Link as" or "Save target as"
Step 2: Adding post-processors to Vcarve/Aspire
1. Open the "Downloads" folder or the location the post-processor was saved on the computer
2. Open Vcarve/Aspire
3. Select File, then Open Application Data folder
a. There should now be two windows open on the computer screen
4. Right-click on the post-processor .pp file and select "Copy"
5. Right-click the PostP Folder, and select "Paste"
a. For a shortened list of post-processors, paste any .pp file(s) that are regularly used into the MyPostP folder
6. Close Vcarve/Aspire
7. Open Vcarve/Aspire, the post-processor drop-down list will now but updated
- If using Vcarve/Aspire 11 and higher, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Associating the post-processors to your Machine (VERSION 11 ONLY)
For steps to add your machine, see Machine Database v11
1. Open Vcarve/Aspire
2. Select "Create a New File"
3. Select Machine / Machine Configuration
- Your CNC machine will come up
4. Select the Plus sign to the right of “Associated Post-Processors
5. Left-click on the desired post-processor(s) and press Select to associate your machine with the post processors.
(holding ctrl and left-clicking the post-processors allows you to choose multiple files)
(custom or hard copy post-processors have a pencil to the left of them).
6. When done, select Apply, then OK to save these changes.