With the recent launch of the Spindle interface cable allowing the Next Wave CNC main control box to transmit the spindle on/off commands and the Spindle Speed (RPMs) programmed from the Vcarve/Aspire software, there has been a six-second delay added to several of the post processors. This delay can be removed or adjusted based on your preference and the setup of your machine using these steps.
(These steps assume you have imported the post-processor into the Vcarve software already. If you have not, please see the link here.)
- Open the Vcarve or Aspire software.
- Select File/Open Application Data Folder
The file folders "My_PostP" and "PostP" contain the post-processor lists in the Vcarve/Aspire software. The "PostP" folder is the default folder and the list Vcarve/Aspire will show when saving a toolpath. If you have added any post processors into the "My_PostP" folder this will become the folder and the list Vcarve/Aspire will show when saving a toolpath.
- Open the corresponding folder that has the post processors you currently use.
- Place the mouse cursor over Next Wave CNC inch.pp or the post-processor you wish to edit
- Right-click with your mouse
- Select Open with
- Select Notepad
The post-processor will then open in Notepad
- Using the Keyboard for the computer, select Ctrl + F to bring up the search function
- Enter G04 into the search field and select Find Next. The first instance of G04 will be found and highlighted in blue.
- Close the Search function by selecting the X in the top right corner
- Change the number after G04 P. A higher number increases the delay, a lower number decreases the delay.
- Select File/Save in the top-left corner to save the changes to the post-processor
- Close Notepad, the Open Application Data Folder window, and the Vcarve/Aspire software to make sure the changes take effect.