Conducting a Firmware Update on the Pendant
To keep both the LCD Pendant and Main Control Box communicating properly, a firmware update to one should be followed up with an update to the other.
You will need a 32GB or smaller flash drive for this process (not the Vectric flash drive).
Conducting the update
1. Open the Ready2Update Firmware program and insert a 32GB (or smaller) flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Do not use Vectric flash drive for this process.
2. After inserting the flash drive into the USB port, you will click on the 'Download Pendant' button to begin the download process.
- NOTE: It may take a minute for the program to find your flash drive.
3. Once the flash drive has been detected, a window will appear acknowledging your flash drive. Click on the 'Download' button to begin downloading the firmware onto your flash drive.
4. Once the firmware has successfully been downloaded onto your flash drive, another window will appear containing instructions on what steps to take next. Follow these instructions.
5. After the download to your flash drive is complete, remove the flash drive from the computer and power off your control box.
6. While your control box is powered off, insert the flash drive into the side of the pendant, and then power the control box back on.
- NOTE: The screen on your pendant will remain dark and you should hear a series of beeps while the new version of firmware is being loaded onto your pendant.
- Do Not remove the flash drive from the pendant until after the pendant has come back to life and you have reached the 'Touch Screen Calibration' screen.
7. Now that the pendant firmware has been successfully loaded onto the pendant, you will no longer need these files on your flash drive. Unplug the flash drive from the pendant and insert it into a USB port on your computer. Access the USB drive that has your flash drive plugged into it and delete the pendant firmware files (This will prevent you from accidentally running the firmware update again the next time you use this flash drive).
8. Your pendant firmware is now complete. If you have not yet conducted the firmware update for the control box, you can find more information on this by clicking here.